First of all, sorry for not being around, not answering e-mails, notes, comments and generally going dark on twitter. I have some stupid shi...poo going down in my family right now and between that and work... Umm, yeah. Life. Depressing stuff, I feel like sulking a bit and wearing utterly dark make-up on my gingerish face. *Sooo* raven.
But seriously... Because of that, there won't be a new comic episode this week, unfortunately
- sorry for that, I just need a bit more time to straighten a few things out before I can dive back into comic-making. The good news? The next episode will showcase another major plot point, shed some light on a few answers, foreshadow a few others and feature a character originally appearing back in Mass Effect 1, not yet seen in our series (along with one another, pretty damn important to our main narrative)... Well, truth be told - the mentioned character *was* seen in our series already, it just wasn't very... Sharp.
All of that - next week.
That's a bit of a wait, but... Don't fret, I'll make sure that we will publish a few things to cover that gap, including audio episodes, some previous one-shot pieces I did for a few friends over the last month, maybe even a full-blown hour-long audio interview with C... Urm, an awesome person from the Mass Effect's original voice cast, who loves us as much as we love her.
Between that and the speculation-friendly FAQ I have worked a bit lately, we should keep everyone breathing until I'm able to roll out Episode 30."Become the Protector" photo contest - the results!
To all the people that played around with our masks and took part in the "Become the Protector" photo contest - thank you, you're awesome! After a long and manly discussion with Jeff (neverending and horribly awkward minutes of chest-bumping and cavemen shouts may have been observed during that conference call), a consensus has been achieved and these beautiful people were chosen as our winners:
1. CalypsoTea - [link]
- for holding the line like a champ!
2. Coobalt-Dahonli-One - [link]
- for the Shpirka award-worthy gesticulation!
3. Ellaire - [link]
- for making me think about buying awesome boots and a new hoodie!
The "best salute" special award goes to Dr3amdust - [link]
- who will receive a runner-upper special copy of the StarSignal soundtrack. Thank you to all that took part in the contest! The winners - please contact me via DA notes and/or e-mail to get your priiiizes! Note that if something doesn't arrive at your doorstep soon, I'd like to be poked about it - since we're throwing stuff around between continents without any real organizational net between us it can turn out to be a bit chaotic.The long-term plans.
As you probably know by now, "Marauder Shields" will end when it's supposed to end - when its story arrives at the finish line, when the comic closes off all of the character arcs, storylines and answers all your questions... For a while now I had a question of my own circling around my head - what's next? Obviously we'll do our best to produce interactive and motion comic content out of MS, but... As far as writing and comic-making goes, what should I do once "Marauder Shields" runs its course? Step away or bring more to the table? Although there's still a loooot of time before that happens, I now have the answer about the future... I will continue making fun stuff as long as you will enjoy reading them. And I'll make sure that it will be something very, very special. I have an idea already (along with some doubts). And I will share when the time is right.
P.S. If you haven't yet read it, here's my NewGamerNation interview [link]
following up on my GameFront one [link]
- a third one is pending and then... A nice little piece for a book project about storytelling and writers. But let's not jump too far ahead.
P.S.2. I'll make sure to reply to your comments and correspondence once the weekend creeps closer! I still love you, don't worry...
In my own, zombie-flesheater way, that is.
P.S.3. Lots of love to BioWare! Just heard of an awesome little thing connected to them and a BioWareian who supports us a lot... Groovy stuff.